Friday, May 5, 2006

Tiny Fragile Hearts

This morning, I ventured onto a blog site with a link that took me to another site where I read about a little girl, Kelsey. She was a victim of child abuse and was beaten to death. I had to fight back tears that wanted to pour out for this little girl. I then got to thinking about all those other babies out there being abused every second of every day.

This in turn got me thinking even more about my heart's passion. Seriously, I have always, always had a passion for working with hurting children. Whether that hurt is from an illness, like cancer, or from being lost in their own world, like autism, or from actual physical abuse, I feel as if it is my heart's calling to work in some way with these kinds of kids now or in the future. It's just such a strong, intense tug in my heart I feel when I read things about these children. I almost hear my heart saying, "Help them, love them."

I want to do more than just read the story and have it make my heart sad. But, I also know that right now, I am not called to be signing petitions or protesting for their rights. My heart is for these kids and for working with these kids, for loving these kids...for bringing a smile to these children.

I am going to begin to intensly pray about all of this starting today. I think when our hearts tug for things like this, it's for a reason. And maybe my thoughts on feeling so strongly like this are wrong..and maybe the purpose God has for me, is completely different. But, if He does in fact have a plan for me that He would like for me to be doing that involves working with these kinds of children in some way, then I want to be open to seeing His path.

So, I am going to pray a lot about this. And if you could pray as well for me, I would appreciate it. I want to be used by God in the way that He would like for me to be and I want to bring smiles to the kids who are hurting. I may not be able to stop their pain. I may not be able to change their outcome. But I can, at least for a moment, make their world brighter. That's what I want. I want to be a source of sunshine in their lives, because they need it!

2 comments:

C. H. Green said...

Joined the Noble Wives Blogring today, and I'm so glad. You have a great blog. Come visit me sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»