Monday, May 29, 2006

My Life Monday #2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For today's My Life Monday, we are supposed to write a memory about someone close to us who has since moved on to heaven. Thankfully, I've only lost one person ever in my life, my grandfather. Unfortunately, I was a child and I really didn't know him well at all. So, I wouldn't really have much to say about him. I know it's sad, and I wish I did.

So, then I was going to write about a little baby girl, Allie Scott. She had a huge impact on my life, although I never met her. I read her mom's blog that she'd update all the time about her daughter's battle with cancer. Sadly, she lost the battle at nine months of age. So, I was all prepared to write today about little Allie and how her life and death affected me so much at that time, but instead I decided to honor our soldiers today.

Since it is Memorial Day, I think I should stick with that topic. I will write about Allie another time.

Since becoming an Air Force wife, military stories and videos have so much more significance to me now. I know how easy it can be to not be reminded of the sacrifice of our soldiers when it doesn't really affect you first hand. I was looking for Memorial Day tribute videos on you tube, and so many people had videos from their Memorial Day weekend trips. And many of these appeared to be college students out partying. And I thought, gosh..so many have died for your freedom to take trips, for your freedom to post videos on the internet. But to so many, it's just a fun three day weekend. Anyway, I posted a video below that was done as a tribute to our troops. I believe that it mainly focuses on the current war, but I am so appreciative for all of our fallen soldiers from many many years past. It is such a sacrifice that these men and women make and have made for us. They leave behind so much in hopes that they will return to it soon and sometimes, they never make it back home. They give up soooo very much to keep all of us safe and free. Today, take time to reflect on all that these men and women have done for you and for how blessed you are to live in the United States of America.



Want to know more about My Life Monday?

0 comments: