Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Miss' Appointment

Well, we just got back from the miss' appointment with the neurosurgeon. Her fracture is on the left side right around the eyebrow area. He said that her skull fracture should be completely healed in six weeks. He said that it is common with skull fractures for there to be delayed swelling, so her head and eye may get worse before it gets better type of a thing. She is likely to have swelling over the next 6 weeks. No other appointments with him will be necessary unless she has swelling beyond the six weeks.
He also told us that there was in fact no damage to her brain, so she won't have any effects from the fracture. That was a relief to hear. The miss had fun at the doctor's office. There were so many toys for her to play with and we couldn't get her to leave.
So, she will be just fine. What great news, huh? Thank you all for your prayers. I know God's hand was on her this weekend.
I took about 40 pictures of her this morning in her cute dress blowing bubbles. I couldn't get a single one with her smiling or with her eyes mostly open. She was smiling lots, just not when the flash would go off. But I wanted to attach a picture so that you could see her eye. I also want you to know that she is her happy, playful self and doesn't seem to be hurting or bothered by her head or eye. I am still giving her tylenol though, and I am sure it's been helping.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Annette Beason said...

She does look like she feels better! How scarey...my daughter fell at daycare and broke her arm when she was little. She was such a trooper waiting for me to get to the emergency room. I think it was harder on me than it was on her having to watch what all they did to my little girl.

Praise God that she's okay and on the road to recovery!

Anonymous said...

I can really see the black and blue on her forehead Im surprised to it here it will swell more. Thank the good Lord that she will be fine as I said Praise God he was with her all night and day SundayGG and Papa Love her so.

Nellie Bellie said...

Wow, Praise the Lord. Good to hear, poor thing.

Mandy Hunter said...

Thank God our prayers were answered. I'm so glad she's going to be OK!!

Sage said...

Ouch, that must have hurt, glad to see she is doing okay.:)