Monday, May 22, 2006

Sick

Well, I woke up this morning not feeling well at all. I just felt nauseated and not right. It would come and go though. At some points I felt pretty bad and then at other moments I felt just fine. This afternoon, as I started to make lunch for the kiddos, while waiting for my day care kiddo to arrive, the smell of their food gave me a sudden urge to vomit...and so I did. I honestly wasn't sure if this was a pregnancy thing or if I was sick, so I didn't tell my day care kid's mom. I didn't want her to have to call in 5 minutes before she was due at work. I put the kids down for a nap and then called the hubby. His boss let him come home, so he's been with the kiddos since then. I am so thankful that he was able to come home and help out. I have thrown up twice since then and I really am not feeling well at all. My stomach has been in a lot of pain. Plus, when I try to lay down, the baby decides to kick me and move all around, which doesn't help the situation. I did call the nurse and she told me not to get concerned unless I haven't gone to the bathroom in 12 hours, then they will consider me dehydrated and have me come in to get fluids. She told me not to eat anything and to get caffeine free coke, pour it in a glass and have it sit for an hour. Then, take a sip every five minutes. The coke syrup should help my nausea symptoms. I called my dck mom to let her know and she was fine with her son staying here while DH watched him. But tomorrow, she wants me to call her in the morning if I am still sick. She said she won't mind calling in and having a day off. So, at least I don't feel so guilty. I hate telling parents that I can't watch their kid. I just know what it's like working and having day care and I don't want to create a burden for them.I sure do wish I could take something for my tummy, cuz it really has been hurting. Anyway, please pray that I get better soon. Thanks! :o)

1 comments:

Pixie said...

Goodness, I hope you are feeling better soon.