Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 12 - My Ultimate Comfort Food

So today's question reads, "What is your ultimate comfort food? And yes, you can only pick just one." This is tough for me, because I have three that come to mind right off the bat....potatoes, pasta and ice cream.

But, I think one does beat out the others. My ultimate comfort food is potatoes.....either mashed with the works, or chopped up in a yummy potato salad. And if either is made with red potatoes, THAT is even better. (I love sweet potatoes too.)

My mom used to make THE BEST mashed potatoes and THE BEST potato salad. In fact, I really, really, REALLY miss my mom's potato salad and wish I knew how to make it. She used hard boiled eggs and carrots in her potato salad. AND pickles or relish NEVER entered her potato salad...which is why I loved it soooooo much.

But if you want to make me smile in a split second, just throw a giant plate of mashed potatoes in front of me. I will love you for life. And for fun, if you are ever at a barbecue with me, take note of my plate.... 3/4 of it will be potato salad. NO JOKE!


These look yummy. The recipe is over at Life's Ambrosia. I SOOOO have to give these a try!

1 comments:

@Dayngr said...

Yum and yummy! I could have some right now and it's still breakfast time.