Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Praise For Peyton

On my sidebar you will notice a section with links, entitled Kiddos To Pray For. One of those kiddos is Peyton. In 2003, she was diagnosed with clear cell sarcoma, a rare cancer that strikes around twenty children per year.

Today I ventured onto her site to read her mom's latest journal entries. I was pleased to read the following post......


Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:02 AM CDT


Sometimes the Lord calms the storm;
Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

My friend Dena and I have had this running inside joke we have been doing since Peyton got sick. One of us will call or email the other and say, "God is good, all the time!" and the other will say "All the time, God is good!" I just called Dena to say that again this morning because Dr. Bowers called with wonderful news about Peyton's scans. Not only are the clear of tumors, but the bone loss he was quite concerned with, is non-existent!! Even the place on her ankle is "mysteriously" gone :)

Peyton is now a full-fledged member of the ACE (After Cancer Experience)program and will only be seen in clinic and for follow-up scans....ONCE A YEAR!! We told Peyton last night that she will be 7 years old before she is scanned again. You should have seen her face!! She was just so happy!

Thank you all for the prayers. Thank You, my Lord, for knocking this one out of the park! I know Your Word says You delight in our delight. I was just thankful to hear it wasn't relapse, but to find out You took the bone loss issue away too, blows me away. I've been delighting in the news and in You and I'm so glad You know that!!!


Love,

Marni
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I just wanted to post this for you all to see. Sometimes, I think we can get caught up in all the hurt in this world...all of the prayer requests, that we forget sometimes to shout for joy for all the miracles God performs everyday!

0 comments: