Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Had to Share This Link

So, I have been eyeing a curriculum, Five In A Row, to do with my 4 year old miss. She will miss the kindergarten cut off this fall, since her fifth birthday is after October 1st. And I do want to work with her at home, and make sure we are taking time out each day to learn and do crafts and things. I've been slacking in that department, since I stopped doing day care out of my home.

Well, I haven't been able to budget in the Five In A Row book and other little add-ons just yet, but I will get there soon.

However, this evening, I came across this incredible site. It's called Homeschool Share, and they have free units to go along with various children's books. There are tons of ideas on using the book for math, science, social studies, language, art and geography lessons. Some even have fun recipes that go along with the books. And some come with printables for lapbooks. And I must admit, I am a sucker for lapbooks.


Best of all, it's free.

Some of the books listed have more activities than others. But each unit gives so many ideas for various avenues to explore, that I don't think it would be hard to find additional activities online, if need be.

So, we are going to start on a book next week, which we will take a trip to the library for. I think I will do the lessons with her while the mister takes his nap.
I will still, however, make sure to set aside time in the morning for fun and educational activities that he can take part in as well.

I think the miss and I will have a lot of fun with these units. And it will get her ready for the Five In A Row curriculum.

0 comments: