Friday, February 1, 2008

Show And Tell Friday



So I thought I'd take part in this today, for fun.
So, here's a sentimental show and tell for you.



That is my quote journal for my miss. When I was pregnant with her, I happened to see this blank journal and just had to get it.
I had collected quotes for a long time, since I was 12 years old. So I began filling it up with some of my favorite quotes, Bible verses, poems, excerpts from books, things like that. I have also written a few letters to her. I had originally planned to write more, but, well I would get busy with other things and forget. The first letter was written when she was 7 months old...here's a little excerpt from it....

"You amaze me more and more everyday. You are 7 months old now, and I can already see glimpses of who you are. You love to try to figure things out on your own. You are such a little explorer. You are a very happy baby and you are also very strong. You love music, especially "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". That is the only song that can stop you from crying. You love to be up and about, you don't seem to want to be still. You are like your mommy in that way."

I am planning on continuing to fill it out with many different things throughout the years, and I'd like to give it to her on either her 13th or 16th birthday. I hope she'll treasure it.

0 comments: