Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday





Of course, most of you readers know how much Africa is on my heart. Tonight I watched American Idol and they did a whole special called Idol Gives Back, to raise money for all sorts of charities in the U.S. and in Africa. Each time they showed a video about Africa, whether it was focusing on Aids, malaria, orphans or schooling, I bawled. I bawled like a baby.
So tonight I am thankful.....

I am thankful for American Idol doing what they are doing for the poor and oppressed in the U.S. and for the suffering in Africa. They know what a huge fan base their show has, and the money they raise will REALLY change things!!!

I am thankful that I sat in a nice, warm home, clothed and fed...holding my sleeping, healthy baby boy in my arms while I watched American Idol's special.

I am thankful that God has put Africa on my heart. I know that I will go there someday and spread some sunshine and I can't wait.

I am thankful that so many people are coming together to help.

I am thankful for each and every thing I have....for my house, my shoes, my bed, my furniture, my bathrooms, my car, my phone, my huge backyard, my heater, my safe neighborhood, my shelves of books, my Bible sitting next to me that I am free to read, my fridge and pantries filled with food, the money in my purse, my healthy family, FOR each and every medication in my house!!!!!!!!!!!! I have so much when so many have so little.

0 comments: