Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Birthday Meme

So, My miss Tiffany wants to make sure I don't forget to blog and she tagged me with a little birthday meme. Here are the rules:

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your Birthday Month and day only.
2. List 3 Events that occurred that day.
3. List 2 important Birth days.
4. List 1 Death.
5. List a Holiday or Observance. (if any)
6. Tag 5 other bloggers.


My birthday is December 21 -

Three events that occured on my birthday (Pretty cool ones if I do say so myself)

1620 - Plymouth Colony: William Bradford and the Mayflower Pilgrims land on what is now known as Plymouth Rock in Plymouth, Massachusetts.

1937 - The film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is premiered at the Carthay Circle Theater in Los Angeles.

1968 - Project Apollo: Apollo 8, the first manned mission to the moon, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. At 2h:50m:37s Mission elapsed time (MES), the crew performs the first ever manned Trans Lunar Injection and become the first humans to leave the Earth's gravity field.

2 Birthdays

1966 - Kiefer Sutherland, British-born Canadian actor
1948 - Samuel L. Jackson, American actor

1 Death
1940 - F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer (b. 1896)

Holiday or Observance
In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice, sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. In the Northern Hemisphere, it marks the first official day of Winter.


Now to tag you.... I tag my last five commenters with blogs...

1. Jen
2. Laurel Wreath
3. Janean
4. Barbara H
5. Rebekah

Have fun~

0 comments: