Sunday, April 1, 2007

Psalms Sunday #13

So sorry this is late. It was a busy day.



Psalm 13
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.


I admit it, I have times where little miss faithful, little miss optimistic and little miss believer becomes heavy and down-laden. I get so self-focused, so caught up in silly emotions that I feel I could cry at the drop of a hat. And usually at those times, I distance myself from God, which only makes it worse.

I love in verse 3 where it says, "give light to my eyes." In the New King James version, it says, "enlighten my eyes." I think that that is something I should pray daily, especially during moments when I am caught up in a swirl of emotions and feeling maybe angered or depressed. Sometimes, when we sit and evaluate our feelings during those times, we realize that we are creating a false reality. And if we have God enlighten our eyes....if we see things the way they truly are, we will soon realize that things really are good. Our mood will change and we will be filled with fruit (joy, peace....). So, ask God to give light to your eyes and trust in His unfailing love.

"His love is amazing, steady and unchanging. His love makes us sing."




Since next Sunday is Easter, we will not have a Psalms Sunday next week. Have a blessed week and a wonderful Easter. I'll see you in 2 weeks for Psalm 14.

0 comments: