Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thankful Thursday




So much to be thankful for:

I am thankful for my hubby. I don't think I tell him enough either. Last Friday, I was having a rough day with the day care kids. Somedays I think I am running a zoo and not a daycare. When he got off work, he made a special trip to the store to bring me home a dozen purple roses, my favorite. When he gave them to me, he told me that he wanted me to know how much he appreciated all that I do and that he felt he didn't tell me enough. And he also wanted to help make my day a little brighter. And since I've been tired lately, since I am in my first trimester, he has been helping a lot in the evenings...cooking dinner or playing with the kids. It's been so nice.

I am thankful for my little mister's smiles. They just melt my heart. He is so happy and always smiling and giggling. Sometimes, on the tough days, just getting one of his smiles or sloppy kisses, is all I need to get me out of a grumpy mood.

I am thankful for my daughter's energy. Although, it's tough somedays to keep up with her, she just has this energy and excitement about her. She brings so much fun and so much laughter. I love it!

I am thankful that my cramping has subsided. At the beginning of the week, for 2 days, I was having some painful cramping, that had started to worry me, but since then, it has gone away. I can't wait for my first doctor's appointment so that I can hear the heartbeat and know that the little life inside me is doing well.

I am thankful for Vita-T. It is the Iced Tea vitamin water. I am not a big water fan, but I love this stuff. It's water, vitamins and tea all in one. And I think it is mighty yummy.

I am thankful for the cooler days we have had lately....and for the rain. I love the rain, and our dead grass has needed it badly.

I am thankful for my best friend, my Kate. She was out here visitng last week, and we were able to spend a little bit of time together. We have also been trying to keep in touch more, and it's been wonderful. We've had some great conversations. I am so thankful for her.

And last, but most importantly, I am thankful for all the ways God has been shouting at me lately. Over the past month or so, He's been kinda on the back burner. I've just had so much taking up my time, and I wasn't making the time for Him like I should have been. And so He's been showing Himself in many ways. And I love that He does that. Even when I distance myself, I can still feel Him and hear Him. I know how much He longs to spend time with me. And I love that about Him. He seeks me. He calls after me. And He does it with love and gentleness. I am so thankful for my God.

0 comments: