Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just some rambling

The weather is nice today. I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning, with the window open, sipping my coffee and doing my devotional and it was just so peaceful...well for a minute or two. The kiddos were up, so it could only stay peaceful for so long. But there's something about the weather today that is making me crave a stay at a cabin....just me and the hubby. I want to wake up in the morning, sit on some wooden porch swing outside of the cabin..surrounded by tall trees and mountains.....sipping my coffee and watching the birds fly around or the squirrels chasing each other. Just something so simple and relaxing, I think that would be nice.

Anyway, I've started watching this new series on Lifetime, called Army Wives. It follows the lives of several women living on post. They range from a newlywed who has a hubby about to be deployed, to an officer's wife who is going on 17 years as an army wife. They each have separate stories, but come together as friends. I feel some of the acting isn't the greatest. Catherine Bell is in it though, and I really like her. I cried during the first episode each time they showed troops leaving or coming home. Anyway, the show is based on a book that was written by a woman who had been an army wife for many, many years. So, it covers the cattiness of the women on post, the hours upon hours spent in the waiting room at the hospital....the stereotypes of the hierarchy of the ladies as far as the newbies and the officer's wives. It shows the wives dealing with the husband's deployments and helping them get prepared for it all. For instance, this one new gal went to the PX to get the hubby the things he would need and ended up buying all the wrong things..... the wrong colors or shirts made of synthetic fibers. It deals with post-traumatic stress disorder. Anyway, there are parts of it that are so good and other times where it's just, well, unrealistic, like the birth scene.....But as a military wife, I can relate to a lot of it. I think you'll like it.
You can watch the first 2 episodes here

I took some photos of the mister eating spaghetti last night and I'll post them later. For now, I need to run.

0 comments: