Thursday, February 3, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 1

Well day 1 is EASY. I post a photo of myself and share 15 random facts about little ol' me.

1. I collect quotes and song lyrics. I have several notebooks filled with random quotes and lyrics. Sometimes I spend a good hour searching for a quote or lyric to express how I am feeling at a particular moment.

2.I absolutely and positively adore sweet potatoes....baked with a little bit of butter...YUM!

3.   I love cherry blossoms, tulips, purple roses and purple orchids.

4. I love the word, Serendipity...it began as a child..I was a huge fan of the Serendipity books. One of my first Bibles, as a young adult, was a Serendipity Bible (I bought it just because it had the word, Serendipity, on the cover). I am a fan of the movie, Serendipity and Serendipity III is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC.

5. At night I sing specific lullabies to my kids. I sing You Are My Sunshine to my daughter each night, and have since she was a day old. To my boys, I sing Godspeed, Sweet Dreams, a song by the Dixie Chicks, that I have kind of put my own spin on.

6. One of my favorite life experiences was when I attended school at Huntington University in Indiana.

7. I can be very odd and random. I'm pretty much a big goof. I embrace it though.  

8. I am an eternal optimist.

9. I am very clumsy...I run into things, trip and fall often. I swear there is always some bruise somewhere on my body that I have no idea how I earned.

10. I love to bake.

11. I have become a Nutella addict. Hazelnuts are my absolute favorite! I am quite bummed that I didn't discover Nutella until my 30's. This weekend I will be making a chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake with Nutella buttercream frosting. Yes, it sounds divine, doesn't it?

12. I want to have a shabby chic type kitchen someday...in fact every now and then at Goodwill, if I see something that would look cute in a shabby chic kitchen, I buy it. I have a few things stashed away....I just need the right kitchen.

13. I love community theater and hope to someday soon have time to perform in a community theater production. The last show I was in was almost 10 years ago.

14. I would love to be a part of a worship team at a church.

15. I love Hallmark stores. I could spend hours inside of a Hallmark.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love that you're going to do this too. :-) You ARE a big goof, and I love you for it.