Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Real Me (Repost)

I was looking through some of my posts from last year. I came across a meme that I had done, and you know, I really like it, because I think it really exemplifies who I am.
I have some different readers now, so I am going to post it again. And I think you, yes, YOU, should do it too. And if you do, then leave a comment so that I can come visit your post and learn all about you!

The Real Me

***<<<*WHAT?*>>>***

What is your biggest dream?
Honestly, my biggest dream, was to be a mother. And I have that. I have been blessed so much!

What is your biggest success thus far?
Being a mom.

What is your ideal job?
My ideal job would be something that would bring happiness to others, spread the love of Christ and allow me to do something I love. So, I would LOVE to be a Christian recording artist. But there are so many other things I could also do, that would allow me to do the three things I listed.

What was the most important thing you learned from your parents?
To work hard.

What do you look for most in a friend?
I like them to have my same beliefs and values....be someone that I can talk to....someone who I can relate to...someone who will accept me.

What is your philosophy of life?
Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
Mother Teresa

What's your biggest fear?
It's always been being attacked, killed, harmed by an intruder. And that fear has grown beyond me and to those same type of people hurting my children.

What's your biggest joy?
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, how great is His love, His peace!!!!!

***<<<*HOW?*>>>***

How would YOU describe yourself in three words?
Empathetic, Generous, Loving

How would someone else describe you?
I would hope in the same way.

How do you measure beauty?
Beauty is from within....it is in the genuine smile...in the loving heart....in the warmth of a caring hug. It radiates from within and it also spreads. A person's true beauty can be seen by the beauty it brings to others.

How important is family to you?
Family is very, very important.

***<<<*DO YOU?*>>>***

Do you believe in regrets?
I believe that regrets exist. I believe that it is easy to get hung up on them. I also believe that they can be damaging. The past shouldn't be focused on. All you should do is learn from the past, grow from it...and see where all those choices we regret, brought us.

Do you believe in second chances? why or why not?

I believe that you can't truly forgive without giving a second chance.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in an attraction at first sight. But love is so much deeper than a glance.

Do you believe that true love lasts forever and conquers all?
I do think that love conquers all. Look at Jesus' love. I think that the love we have in our lives can conquer all, but it does take work.

***<<<*ARE YOU?*>>>***

Are you trustworthy? trusting? How do you show it?
I am very trusting, always have been. And I do think I am trustworthy, although I have struggled with gossip in the past...I am outgrowing that thankfully.

Are you independent? Or still dependent on someone?
I feel that I have always been independent. And sometimes I think I can be too independent in that I don't even let God have control. It's a real struggle for me.

Are you willing to change for someone else?
I am willing to work on things if I know that I am doing something that is hurting someone else. For example, if I react in a stressed out manner in a situation and someone who that effects asks me to work on it, then yes, I will change that. But I will not change my beliefs and things like that for someone else. I will not change the values and beliefs that are a part of who I am.

***<<<*IF?*>>>***

If you could leave one life lesson behind to the younger generations, what would it be?
To realize how much you have...and how little so many others have and to keep that in mind always and strive to make a difference in the world. Share the love of Christ. Show His love to all. And help the oppressed.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
How controlling I can be....or I try to be...mainly with my hubby. I seem to back down around friends and what not...try to make everyone happy and accommodate them. But with my hubby, it's like I feel it's my way or no way. It's not nice.

If you could have anything in this world, what would it be? why?
The opportunity to go to Northern Uganda and help out. But I may still get to do that....my life isn't over yet.

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
I don't have a very strong relationship with anyone in my family from my parents down to my Aunts and Uncles. So, I would change that. I wish I knew them.....meaning knew who they are as people...what their life experiences have been..things like that.

If you had everything you've always wanted, would you be happy?
No..because sometimes the things we want...or think we want, don't bring happiness, but bring just the opposite. It's hard to remember that at times...especially when in the moment, we focus so much on what we want and how much better it will make our lives...or how much better we think it will make us. And oh how wrong we are. So, I say, I hope that I am able to have all the things God has for me to have, because He has my happiness in mind. He knows the desires of my heart. But he also knows my lustful desires as well. And I am better off without those lustful ones. So, I say God...give me the true desires of my heart....and I will be soooo happy.

0 comments: