Monday, June 23, 2008

A Huge Weight Has Been Lifted

When the baby was five weeks old, I returned back to work at my evening job at the front desk of a nearby hotel. And although the job itself was fairly easy, with most nights being pretty quiet, it was sitll a strain on both me and my hubby,

The mad dash I had to do from 3:00 P.M. - 4:30 P.M. to get the house picked up, dinner on the table (yes, early, so I could take a plate with me), baby fed and pajamas out for the kids was incredibly stressful.

And my poor hubby, mentally drained from his long day at work, would walk in the door to usually very loud and cranky children. I'd quickly ramble off to him important things, like when the baby last ate, and I'd dash out the door, to drive in rush hour traffic to get to work.

And I'd work until 11:30 most nights, make it home at midnight and then get a second wind that would keep me up until 1:30 A.M.

The baby would wake up around 4:00 A.M. to eat and my other two kids would be up by 7:00 A.M., ready to start their day.

And sometimes the hotel would schedule me to do this four nights in a row, and that really took its toll on me.

I am writing this as if I am not working there anymore, although I am, but only for two more weeks, because last week, I was hired for a new job. And this job allows me to work from home, and I am so ecstatic.

I have already started my new job, just putting in whatever hours I can here and there, because I have to finish up my two weeks at the hotel too.

But already there has been a bounce in my step. My days have been easier, I have been less stressed, and I know it's because of the new work-from-home opportunity I was given.

It may also have to do with the fact that I get to assist two awesome gals, Janice and Susan at 5 Minutes for Mom. So of course, when they are your bosses, how could you have nothing but love for your job?

0 comments: