Friday, October 12, 2007

Pickin' Pumpkins



Well, we trekked out to a pumpkin patch today with Tiffany and her kiddos. Unfortunately, there were slim pickin's, because it's been open for almost a month now. But the kids still had fun. They loved the hay ride. It was super hot though, well hotter than we thought it was going to be, and I think us moms were worn out by the end of it. I know I was.
I also bought some honey crisp apples at their store and they are pretty yummy. I hadn't even heard of honey crisp apples before. They smelled so good though, so I knew they'd taste just as good.
I didn't get any pictures of the miss with the pumpkin we picked. But, I'll take some more pumpkin pictures throughout the week and post them. On Monday, we are going to bake Pumpkin cookies and frost them and adorn them with fall sprinkles. And I think later on in the week, we may carve the pumpkin we picked today.
Since we were in the wrong field, and not where the little pumpkins were, I took the miss to Safeway afterwards to pick out a few little pumpkins. I think we will do a craft with one of them, next week.
Anyway, enough rambling, here's the pics. I didn't really get many though, sorry.

The miss and Tiff's son, "Turbo", waiting for the hay ride.




Me with most of the kiddos....searching for pumpkins




Heading back on the hay ride



>
The mister was pretty content picking hay from the stacks. He was so engrossed, I couldn't get him to look up for the picture





More Hay Ride fun





Two worn out kiddos


0 comments: