Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And More Yapping...

We made a quick trip to the library again today. We haven't been for a few weeks, even though I had said it would be a weekly thing. The mister did much better this time around, but only stayed in his stroller for a few minutes. He wanted to roam around. I did convince him to walk around for a bit while pushing the stroller. That was cute.

They have a little play computer at the library, and the mister LOVES...LOOOOVES Computers, so he was thrilled, to say the least, to see one that it was okay to play with and bang on.


I thought the miss would be excited to help me pick out books. But she spends her time on the computer, at the block table, doing puzzles, or sitting on big chairs while looking through books.



I even let her get a couple of dvd's, including a version of Alice in Wonderland, which is currently one of her favorite movies.

There was one day last week, that for a few hours, every time I asked her to do something, she'd dramatically curtsy and say, "Yeeeesss, your majesty", just like Alice in the movie. I must say, it was enjoyable to get that response while asking something of her, as opposed to, "I don't want to", "No" or a silent response meaning that I was being ignored. I am quite bummed that her little curtsy response only lasted for a few hours. But it was nice!

It was very pretty out, as we headed to the car, so I decided that we'd take a little stroll down some memorial path that loops around the library. The miss was thrilled, because there were still some patches of snow on the ground.




Oh, and I have to share this gorgeous God created masterpiece with you all. I received this picture in my email today.

Here's what the email said.... sorry for the all caps...
"THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO/WASHINGTON BORDER. THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20K FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE
RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES."

Isn't that gorgeous?

Okay, I am done with the yapping for now.

0 comments: