Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Conversation With a Five Year Old

Yesterday, the day care kids were talking about how they wanted to grow up so that they could be bosses. I told them that they should enjoy being kids, and that being a kid is fun. I then told them that I wished I could be a kid again.

That started the following conversation:

E - But Miss Erica, you are a grown up that means you can fly a plane.

Me - True, adults can fly a plane, but I can't. I don't know how to. I would have to go to school and learn how to. And I just don't have the time.

E- Well, I am sure that my daddy could come here and watch all the kids, so that you can learn how to fly a plane.

Me- You think your daddy would do that, eh?

E- Yep, but he'd have to ask my mommy first, because she's the boss!

0 comments: