Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Nothing Like a Three Year Old to Keep Me In Line

So, I woke up grummmpy this morning. I was downright mean. And there is no excuse for it...none at all. It was just too early, it seemed...and I wasn't ready to get up. Maybe if I practiced what I have been preaching lately and got up before everyone else to do devotions, I wouldn't have been so grumpy. I know I went to sleep a little grumpy. My poor hubby is sick...sinus cold junk and he fell asleep about an hour before I did. I went to bed around 10:30 and my hubby was snoring so incredibly loudly. I had compassion on him though, since he was sick, and I tried my best to ignore him. I fell asleep..clenching my jaw and saying over and over to myself..please stop..please stop. So, maybe that mood continued in my sleep.

I think drainage was the cause of my mister's upset tummy yesterday because he didn't have any more vomiting episodes. He went to bed around 8:00 P.M. But he woke up at 4:45 A.M. for some food and lovin'. And it was sooo hard to get out of bed. I was a tad grumpy then, but not too bad. I fed the mister and sat and happily stared at him as he fell asleep in my arms and began mumbling in his sleep. It was darling. I noticed that it was 5:30 A.M. and I could sleep for one more hour. So, I put him in his crib and went back to sleep. THAT was my mistake.

I had already woken up a bit. I should've put him in his crib...had some breakfast and some juice and opened up my Bible. But, no, I went back to sleep. I went to sleep fast and hard. So that an hour came in five minutes and I WAS NOT WANTING TO GET UP! I was so out of it and grumpy. And I had only been up for two minutes, when my little man and little miss decided to be awake too.

Everyone wanted me and I had my own stuff to do. I had to tidy up the kitchen, get ready for the day and get both kids ready.

I hollered to my three year old to do me a favor and bring me the wipes. Of course, like most three year olds, it took her a bit to actually get me the wipes..so I continued shouting at her...until she brought them to me.

She then looked up at me and with the sweetest voice said...."Mommy, be happy!"

Talk about feeling GUILTY!

I know that if I don't get enough sleep, I wake up grumpy. Once I actually WAKE UP and can handle the many demands placed upon me..I'm fine. But when I am still in zombie mode...all of those demands are equivalent to someone stealing your covers and kicking you while you are in deep sleep.

So, I need to wake up before everyone...open up my Bible..spend time with God..have some quiet to myself...be refreshed and then start my day.

I don't want my little girl asking me to be happy in the morning. Instead, I want to wake her up..with a big smile..say Good Morning Sunshine..rise and shine..I love you. So that she wakes up with a smile on her face.

0 comments: