Tuesday, August 22, 2006

In Other Words #3



"Salt, when dissolved in water, may disappear,
but it does not cease to exist.
We can be sure of its presence by tasting the water. Likewise, the indwelling Christ, though unseen,
will be made evident to others from the
love which He imparts to us."
- Sadhu Sundar Singh -

I have had many friends and loved ones who know a lot about my childhood and circumstances involved with my parents, that have told me numerous times that they can't believe how I ended up growing up despite things I had gone through. And I tell them, that it is because I had God with me through hard times. I accepted Christ when I was 13 years old. I feel that my teenage years were very difficult. School and home life were tough on me, but I always had joy and as best of a positive lookout as I could. And I know that it's because Christ was in me. He filled me with His love. Apparently, I showed it to others even when I wasn't feeling very loved by people in the world. When we have His love in us, it shines through us and people do notice.


(Matthew 5:13 NKJV) You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

Let us be known in the world as the salt is to the water. When you sip salt water, you can taste the salt immediately. When those in the world see us, meet us, spend time with us, our Christianity should be as evident to them as the salt they taste in the water.

0 comments: